Anyone out there anymore
Jason Fried
2023-07-02 04:42:19 UTC
Didn’t get back any articles from this group that were recent. With the
recent downfall of reddit a distributed solution needs to exist usenet
could be that again
Mike Mocha
2023-07-20 07:14:58 UTC
Nope, no one here except us.
Bill
2023-08-19 08:43:22 UTC
Post by Jason Fried
Didn’t get back any articles from this group that were recent. With the
recent downfall of reddit a distributed solution needs to exist usenet
could be that again
What happened on Reddit? I'm out of the loop.

There's still plenty of fans out there we're just scattered all over the place we need a centralized place to go and then anytime we find a place where Art Bell fans are we should drop the name of the centralized location to try and round up all fans in one area. There's plenty of locations on the internet where the past shows have been stored well over a thousand shows an MP3 format I'm sure there's still people interested in listening to the show's weekly and their broadcast from those old archives on the corners of YouTube and such.

Just a footnote I've been searching for my old art Bill EF net IRC friends for years the group broke up more than 20 years ago and I've been wanting to slowly reconnect with them if any one of you are reading this get in touch with me.
n***@ng-mail.net
Can you post some of those locations where mp3s are stored? Thanks
K Wills
2023-09-26 20:00:59 UTC
Post by n***@ng-mail.net
Post by Bill
[...]
I hope I'm not too late with this. I don't pay attention to the
group much anymore.
On iTunes (aka Apple Podcast) you can find The Art Bell Archive.
It has a lot of files available. Plus it adds new ones every so often.
It only offers Coast to Coast AM hosted by Art. If you want something
from another host, you'll have to look elsewhere.
The group news:alt.binaries.sounds.radio.coasttocoast.am has a
lot of audio files. If you have access, and the server you use has
long enough retention, you can get a lot from there.
"Hail imp," shouted Vlad, the Imp Hailer.
John Doe
2024-02-02 02:28:01 UTC
Post by Jason Fried
Didn’t get back any articles from this group that were recent. With the
recent downfall of reddit a distributed solution needs to exist usenet
could be that again
I agree. Especially with Groups.google.com not hosting usenet anymore later
this month. That is a telling tale.
John Doe
2024-02-04 02:40:21 UTC
Yes here!
could be that again
John Doe
2024-02-04 17:23:41 UTC
I am here! Anybody else?!
Post by John Doe
Yes here!
could be that again
Creon
2024-03-09 12:14:11 UTC
Post by John Doe
I am here! Anybody else?!
Post by John Doe
Yes here!
Post by Jason Fried
Didn’t get back any articles from this group that were recent. With
the recent downfall of reddit a distributed solution needs to exist
usenet could be that again
Hi.
--
-c